Short Hemp Fibers

There are TWO main types of fiber from the hemp plant: Bast Fiber and Hurd Fiber

In general hurd is known as the short woody core fiber and the bast fiber is the long fiber, however, the bast fiber can be cut into small pieces are therefore be offered as a short bast fiber product - that's why you will find hurd and "short bast fibers" on our site...

Hemp hurds make up roughly 70% of the hemp stalks, and the other 30% of course being the bast fiber.